Tuesday, July 8, 2014

"Star Light, Star Bright, First Star I See Tonight..."

"...Wish I may, wish I might, wish the wish I wish tonight."

Hey, guys! ^^ Bri here! Well, yesterday was Tanabata, so sorry for this late post. ^^; For those who don't know what it is, I posted a brief description of it on my previous post.
However, to refresh your memory, it's sort of like a real-life Wish Day (if anybody else is a Wuzzles fan, you'd remember that.). During this day, everybody make origami, write down their deepest wish on a strip of paper and hang them up on bamboo or tree branches. And all this centered around a couple that are forced to meet each other once a year.

And now, to unveil my Tanabata display! *drumroll*

The main branch itself. ^^ I can explain below what everything is.
 
My Build-A-Bears Daryl and Steven as Orihime and Hikoboshi. ^^
 
A Spiderman-themed fukinagashi I made myself. This one was so hard to make! -.-


I know it doesn't look like much, but this was hard work and actually a lot of fun to do. I found an old tree branch since there are no fake bamboo stalks sold in my local craft stores. I cut and folded different things out of construction paper. Best of all, I let my imagination run wild!

Around this holiday, different decorations symbolize either a wish or something related to the story. The decorations I used include:
  • Strips of paper (Tanzaku) - used to represent the wish for better handwriting and better studies, but today it's used to write down someone's most precious wish
  • Fishing net (Toami) - better fishing and healthy crops, but supposedly represents the Milky Way
  • Money purse (Kinchaku) - to be prosperous and rich
  • Chains - also represents the Milky Way
  • Streamer ball (Fukinagashi) - represents Orihime's weaving fabric
Now for big news before wrapping this up! Starting next month and September, I'll start making a couple school uniform recipes for you guys. I'll start planning for the annual '13 Cosplays of Halloween' in September, too. Hope y'all have a great summer and...

あなたが良い七夕を持っていた願っています!
(Hope you had a good Tanabata!)

No comments:

Post a Comment